Famous People From Austin
Author: Joe Cline
The city of Austin, Texas was settled in the early 1800's and for nearly 200 years been a magnate for talent and visionaries. Austin has earned its reputation making the cut on several "ten best" lists from recognition for its going green efforts to one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. In addition to Austin['s collective achievements, the capital of The Lone Star State has been home to many a famous face, whether they were born there or migrated in to the Austin lifestyle and society.
1. Sandra Bullock. Actress, entrepreneur, and owner of the Bess Bistro, Walton's Fancy and Staple, a bakery and florists shop in Austin, Texas. Ms. Bullock also hold's the coveted title of "America's Sweetheart", a legacy few have earned since Mary Pickford. Married to Jesse James (Jesse who?)
2. Mathew McConaughey. Film actor and graduate from the Texas University of Texas at Austin. Mr. McConaughey was born in Uvalde, Texas, has lived in Longview and was a communications major at the University of Texas at Austin. He may also be the most famous person arrested in Austin when he was nabbed in 1999 for marijuana possession and disturbing the peace.
3. Wes Anderson. Film director born in Houston, Texas but would move to Austin to attend the University of Texas with a major in philosophy. Mr. Anderson's feature film credits span from 1996 to present to include Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, and Darjeeling Limited.
4. Owen Wilson. Film actor. Mr. Wilson was born in Dallas, but would work with Austin resident, Wes Anderson, on several dramatic projects.
5. Jenna and Barbara Bush. Identical twin daughters of George W. and Laura Bush. Both girls graduated from the University of Texas at Austin.
6. Marcia Gay Harden. Film, television, stage and Academy Award winning actress who studied film production at the University of Texas at Austin. Ms. Harden has too many credits to list and is the recipient of multiple prestigious industry awards.
7. Andy Roddick. Andrew Stephen Roddick was born in Omaha, Nebraska, but lived in Austin during his early years. Roddick is a champion tennis player and holds the record for the fastest serve in the history of the sport.
8. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Born in Dallas, Mr. Vaughan was the recipient of more than a dozen Austin Music Awards and has been inducted into The Blues Hall of Fame. Tragically, Mr. Vaughan lost his life in a helicopter accident on August 27, 1990. He was just 35 years old.
9. Molly Ivins. Mary Tyler Ivins was born in Monterrey, Ca, but would later call Austin her home. Known for her sharp wit and political columns, Ms. Ivins led a distinguished career until her death from breast cancer in 2007. Ivins died in Austin at the age of 62.
10. Mike Judge. Funnyman, animator, screenwriter and director Mike Judge may be best known for creating Beavis and Butt-Head, Office Space and slew of additional credits in film and television. Mr. Judge lives in Austin and can be found playing guitar on the local circuit.
About the author: Joe Cline writes articles for Austin Texas realtor. Other articles written by the author related to Austin Texas homes for sale and North Austin Neighborhoods can be found on the net. Visit http://www.joecline.com and http://www.affinityproperties.com/north-austin-subdivisions.php
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/